Composition

The composition project is a project that consisted of taking photos that showed texture, balance, natural frame, and leading lines.


Natural Frame


This picture was taken at some waterfall that we had went to. Looking at the picture I would say that the picture looks well balanced, and consists of good balance of light and darkness of light. Since my brother is the subject, the background compliments the background and makes the whole picture a natural frame. If you look closely, I put 120 cyan which helped the picture get more grainy, but that graininess makes the picture look sharp all around. Also since my brother isn’t looking at the camera, there is no important to just him, and makes him as equal as the background.


Leading Lines




I think the picture of the roots sticking out of the ground shows that they lead to the jungle, and in a way I consider that leading lines. When I first made the first initial print, I found the picture to have been very light, and I had to use the dodge tool to make the roots look more darker and to make the top half of the picture light. I used cyan on this picture to make it a bit grainy, but it was a good thing to do as it brought out the details of the roots and the leaves.


Texture

This is probably one of the best pictures I have taken, accounting that I used a normal lens and didn’t have a macro lens. This was taken from a tree’s roots that were poking out of the ground which gave me the idea to take this picture. The texture of this picture is really nice because you don’t see these types of things often, and many people would wonder what this picture might be of. Honestly I think I did a great job in taking this picture.


Balance


Comments

Popular Posts