Back in KL -- long due post...

It's been a long due to post some new pictures before this account gets removed.
Backstory: My extended family is on a visit to Malaysia who are staying at our family's house for 1-2 week... roughly... not even sure. Anywho, my uncle and aunt wanted to get a tour of some nice places around KL, so my first instinct was to head to pavillion. This area definitely contains some architecture where the leading lines is prevalent. 


This first picture is of the Pavillion mall right taken right across from the fountain. Originally, I found that the weather was a little down and the colors just looked too muted, so I decided to switch the colors to monochrome which, for this picture, turned out to be fantastic. Since the buildings themselves don't have much color, it made sense to switch to monochrome for a more retro yet avant-garde feel to the picture.


I orginally loved this picture, but there was a car going by and it was taken at a busy intersection. So the choice of using a 21:9 aspect ratio tends to make this picture very interesting. I would also say the timing on this picture is perfect with Superman being presented on the big screen looking to the back of the picture. I think this works out well because the main focus right away is Superman and his look of direction helps guide the viewer to see more of the picture and details that are present. 



This picture I had mixed feelings about. For some reason, I couldn't justify this picture in just one picture. You know? Graffiti is supposed to be colorful and had its own artistic value to it, so not to discredit the creator of these graffitis, I decided to make two versions with one being in color and the other in black and white. 


This picture is self-explanatory. Details, details, details.


Fantastic bloke. One thing I love about this country is how people will accept your offer to take a picture of them without them charging you money or getting upset about it. In this picture, the bloke might look upset, but he had a mean and angry face before the picture the taken. For him to take time of his busy schedule and face the camera made my day.

Comments

Popular Posts